Here in WGH we, the students, organise and offer a large number of activities for the house ourselves. If you are interested, you are able to engage in many aspects of the house life, in order to contribute to leadership rolls and to organising events for your fellow residents. These different activities offer the ultimate chance in getting to know the 120 students which live here, integrating oneself into the home and having fun.
- The Tutor-Team organises an interesting program of activities each semester. This includes city tours, day trips, ski weekends, Weiß-Wurst Frühstück (white sausage breakfast!) and much more.
- As in many other student dorms we also have a bar! …And of course ours is the best! Open every Monday, it provides the ideal room to get away from the stress of studying and free one’s mind, sit at the bar, play Foosball, relax in the old, comfy armchairs, meet nice people, listen to good music and so on. Three times per semester we have a big barfest, at which partying till the morning hours is normal - an essential component of student life.
- For the soccer players it should be mentioned: Each semester we select a team in oder to take part in the university sport championship. Everyone can take part, we are a varied team and every time have lots of fun - and naturally success.
- Last but not least it should be mentioned that we are probably the only student dorm which has its own newspapers - „den Graphen“! It appears every semester. New inhabitants of the student dorm introduce themselves, we have reports from abroad, student-dorm stories, surveys, articles on current and historical topics in politics and economics and many other topics from very different areas.
- All of this and even more is what WGH offers. Obviously this program can only be maintained when many people get involved. Therefore, many thanks to all those who participate, and maybe it will be you in the future!
About the location:
- Willi-Graf-Wohnheim is located in West-Schwabing, a beautiful part of Munich. The good connection to the public transport of Munich makes the location very favourable.
- Close to Hohenzollernplatz, there are bus, metro and tram stops within a 200 meter radius. The night-tram also stops at the near-by Schleißheimerstraße. You can get to the central train station in 5 minutes and the university buildings in the old town can be reached in 10-15 minutes by bike.
- Schwabing, the student area of Munich. Here you can find heaps of bars and pubs, as well as other student dorms nearby. Also Münchner Freiheit, a shopping area, is in walking distance. Around the corner there is Luitpoldpark which is ideal for going for walks, jogging and playing soccer. A little further North-West there is Olympiapark which is ideal to play sports, just lie in the grass and chill or to listen to the concerts from Olympia Hill in the Olympic stadium.
- There is also Nordbad, a public swimming pool, which is just around the corner and where you can go swimming in the evenings for discounted prices.
- We have not mentioned everything and there is plenty to explore - that will be up to you.